It's been a good garden/orchard summer for us. Every year gets a little easier and this year I could actually process fruits and veggies without feeling like I needed a Grandma to come help with the girls. By this time of year I'm pretty over the excitement of everything growing and getting to send the girls outside to pick fruits and veggies when they say they want a snack. But, I'll be thankful for it again in a few months when I can grab a jar of sauce/beans/pears when we need it.
The girls have been having fun playing Little House this summer, they put the bonnets on, get out the bow and arrow Carrie gave us and can spend hours pretending they live in a cabin. They usually fight over who gets to be Laura so I've convinced them there were more people around than just the Ingalls, the books just don't talk about everyone. So now they're ok with making up new names for their play
I assured Ashlynn they didn't have Ranch dressing back in the day, but if it helps her eat a pan of kale and tomatoes I'll let it pass
The girls actually help save me a little time this year, straining blackberries for syrup is time consuming!
The below picture is a good one to show what our kitchen often looks like in the summer, a huge mess, but a good mess because it's all the goods from our garden and orchard being processed.





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.