I feel like we have been busy this summer, but aside from a few camping trips we haven't been out of town too much. It's been really good being home with the girls this summer, and we're all ready for the business of fall with school, soccer, daycare, subbing, and volunteering to start up.
I have been getting the girls canvases and kind of have to plan a day for it so that I can tolerate taking the day to let them paint - they all love it and I love seeing what they come up with
We've had friends and neighbors over more this summer which has been really fun, lots of arts and crafts at this old table (it was the table my dad grew up eating on with his 12 siblings on their farm). I love Leah in her superhero costume with her favorite baby Jessie on her back while she paints.
Our new bedtime routine is pretty sweet, Adie and Eliza each read a story for Ash and Leah before Ryan reads a chapter out of their choice (they're all into the Little House books right now)
I love this picture below with the neighbor kid, so lucky to have some great kids close where we live
Adie and Eliza are seeming old to me lately. They're more serious (some of the time), their play is just changing. They like to sit and talk, read, write - still the sweetest relationship I could ever imagine. Even when they fight, because when they do fight it really bothers both of them and they are pretty good at talking things out by now and they don't like hurting each others feelings
Adie's almost done canvas, she copied the cover of her book she was reading
I have to just remember this one for when they're older. We've spent a lot of time with this friend this summer, the girls love getting together with her and this day they made a stage and were belting out Tayler Swift songs putting on concerts for me. Where we live I'm sure all of the neighbors could hear too - I loved listening!





No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.