Thursday, September 18, 2014

First weeks of school

Ashlynn and Leah finished their second week of day care, they just go two days a week so I can sub.  Ashlynn loves it, she's with the 4 and 5 year olds and the day is pretty structured so she feels like she's in school.  I hear a lot about how other kids don't listen but she does, other kids don't always clean up but she does, other kids are loud at quiet time but she just likes to be quiet...such and angel!  Leah is not a fan, at all. She cries the saddest tears when I drop her off.  I think the days are getting better, her teacher texted me some pictures of her having fun yesterday so I know she's not miserable the whole time. It's been hard for me but I really love getting to work a couple of days a week so I'm going to give it some more time to see if it gets better


 
Adie and Eliza's first day of 1st grade, this picture describes how they felt about it pretty well.  Adie was really excited because she got the teacher she wanted with her two favorite friends.  Eliza was bummed she got the new teacher she didn't know (a man which made her more nervous) and her two favorite friends were in Adie's class.
 But the transition has been so smooth. They love their teachers and their friends. I mostly hear about recess and the sleepovers they want to have and what kind of birthday party they are planning this year. They sit together at lunch and play together at recess. They even wanted to dress alike this week which they have never wanted to do before - I think they are liking having some time separate from eachother
 This was after school the first day, they are gone from about 7:00 - 4:00 with their long bus ride so they're pretty wiped by the end of the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.