Thursday, September 19, 2013

Kindergarten

The first two weeks of school have been ok, I think they've been easier for A and E than they have for me.  They seem to love it, and talk and talk about all of the fun things they do in class.  They also cry through lunch most days, and usually cry at least one more time throughout the day because they miss me. Their teacher assures me it's normal but it is still not fun for me to think about. They are still happy when they get home and happy to go in the morning.  Today when I picked them up they both came running to me all smiles because neither of them cried today.  Last night at open house it was pretty sweet to see them hugging friends.  The kids I heard talking to them all referred to them as the twins, I never heard anyone say their names - kind of funny.
 
Walking to the bus the first day the girls were so excited, they were lucky they had Jessie and JoJo to get on the bus with.  They had no fear getting on the bus, and were so excited to go to school.  The first two days were great so I was shocked the transition was so easy.  When the lunch  time tears started on day three I was surprised, I thought we got to skip that part.  I'm thinking and hoping each week will get better as they get use to the schedule, their K is full day so it's a long time to be away, especially since they have never done pre school or day care.
I was not telling them to hold hands for the pictures, I know having their cousins there made them more comfortable


                                                  waiting for the bus
                                                           (Ryan's mini-me)

                   On the bus day one, real smiles, I was expecting the fake nervous ones

Ryan and I followed the bus and met them there to walk them to class, I was able to not cry until we were walking back to the car
Soccer practice was a success tonight, both girls are having fun and think it's pretty cool to be on a team with all girls and friends from school.
 And, to celebrate a good week they get popcorn and a movie with their cousins tonight.  More on getting to live next to Jessie and JoJo later - these girls can not get enough of each other.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.