I'm really liking this age, it's been a lot of fun to watch their growth this past year. I feel like this year has been a bit of a transition for them in a lot of ways. School is a little harder, and I think that is good for them. Their interests are changing - for their birthdays Adie wanted a cookbook and Eliza wanted some good colored pencils, and they both wanted new books. They love to play sports in the living room, be with their friends, read, and I'm happy they still like to build with their Legos. When their friends come over now I notice they spend more time sitting in their bunk beds talking which is really sweet, I wish I knew what they were talking about. They have a great little crew of friends that they are always wanting to have over, or go to their houses. This, of course, is causing more separation between the twins and the younger two sisters and that's a little hard, and natural I am sure.
They are playing basketball for the first time, they like it ok. Soccer is still their favorite, and they don't like when they go into something not knowing exactly what to expect. One of them usually cries at least once in our two games each Saturday. They say they are hurt but I'm pretty sure it's frustration because the ref or I told them they were doing something wrong. Even saying "Adie, make sure you're not reaching" can cause tears...The positive though, is that they are learning it's ok to be told you're doing something wrong and not be in trouble. Up to this point school and sports have come pretty easily for them. And they are rule followers and don't like getting in trouble. So they are learning that getting called for a foul isn't the end of the world for them.
For their birthday party they had three friends stay the night, and then we went to the trampoline park and out to lunch the next day. They are so great together, they played capture the ball and four square in the house for most of the evening.Then the next morning they were outside by 8:00 playing "homeless" We have a bunch of lumber from when Ryan tore down the garage so they built themselves shelters until it was time to go to the trampoline park,
After Get Air they played a lot of four square
sweet, sweet girls
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.